Image: Dancer (Teddy) begins to receive all the coats. I don't know what leads up to this, but.... he is there and one by one (like I did at the end of "When Small Birds") exiting dancers put a coat (not gently necessarily) on his outstretched arms. Until he is really weighted down by all of them, and just when there are too many too hold - gazillions drop down from the ceiling, drowning him.
Image: Sometimes it's too much. They want to escape Charmion. Close one's eyes. Like all the dancers who whine, "I don't want to think I just want to dance." They try and "run" away. Repeatedly (and who catches and who runs keeps changing) Technically: two dancers stand fairly close together, as a third dancer comes rushing at them they extend their arms to each other, thus "catching/preventing" the running dancer from breaking out of the space.
1 comment:
I do like the idea of trying to move through life without thinking. This is a good idea. We try to forget or push away our emotion, (fear, joy, anger, love) because it isn't acceptable to show in everyday life.
We are weighted down by our mind and seek to escape for even a moment or two our thoughts and questions. Can't I just watch 30 minutes of mindless television to forget the day? Have a beer? Play a video game? Read a book? Why must I ENGAGE when all I want is to be numb?
The coat idea from the sky is a great visual of this. Let's look at this possibility!
Post a Comment